We are currently taking submissions from those who want to help and Volunteer to get free entry to Species 2017 Gothic & Industrial Gathering. This will be our 3rd Annual gathering in the heart of Leitrim’s mystical Iron mountains. We are considering all submissions so please use the submission form below to express your interest and we will get back to you soon.
Volunteers play an important part of our gathering, and gain entry in exchange for 4 hours (2 x 2 hr shifts) of voluntary work
Volunteers will be supplied with the following:
- A event volunteer vest and info pack
- Access in advance to camping areas
- Time out to enjoy the show – you only work 6 hours over the course of the event and are welcome to enjoy the gathering when off-shift
The volunteer role can include the following:
- Roaming Information Stewards, assisting event goers with queries/ helping carry equipment/ helping to pitch tents etc.
- Car parks – Directing traffic – assisting in car park areas – pedestrians to campsites.
- Entrance Gates – event goer information point at gate/ security assistance.
- Campsites – generally helping public with queries/ site knowledge of facilities.
- Helping to control access at Production entrance.
- Wristband check points.
- To be the ‘eyes and ears’ of the gathering, reporting any oddities on the site that could result in persons harming themselves or others, and report any Health and Safety hazards or issues.
- To be helpful in emergency situations onsite – directing public to safe area etc
- Checking the toilets and informing a member of the site crew if they need attention or cleaning.
- General clean-up duty.
You need to be:
- Over 18 years at the time of the event.
- Be available to work 2 x 2hr shifts. We also may need volunteers before the event to help with the set up, please note on your application form when you are able to be there.
- Arrive on site on time for registration and briefing
- Be prepared to wear your designated hi-vis vest and be easily recognisable as a event Volunteer .
- It is your own responsibility to bring adequate camping gear.